background

Monday, January 7, 2013

Hello again.

He's been thrilled to get to play outside the past couple of days.
I am going to try out this whole regular-ish blog thing again. We'll see how it goes.

The little man has changed so much since I last blogged! Where to begin? Lots of randomness coming your way.

His current favorite food is cottage cheese. He'll never turn it down. And right now he likes to think that he hates veggies. Except he accidentally eats a bite or two before he remember that he's supposed to hate them. Ha.

I don't have a picture of it yet, but he's really taken a liking to this little watering can he got for his birthday. He carries it around everywhere. But he's always done that. Latches onto one small toy and carries it around for a couple of weeks before moving onto another.

He's getting pretty good with using a fork. At first I had to help him poke the food and then he could get it to his mouth.

Yes, that's a big fork. Heavy supervision required.

But tonight he was doing all the poking all by his little ol' self!

I'm really not sure if he's right or left handed! He seems to favor his right, but as you can see, he's handling his fork pretty well with his left here.
I also let him use a spoon to eat yogurt, although more ends up on him than in him. And just a bit ago I had to wipe up pink splatters off the floor from a seriously misdirected spoonful. We're still working on that.

He's still not terribly interested in talking. At least not in English. Oh, he can say stuff. He just chooses not to. Earlier he stopped me and very seriously asked "Nano mama?" Yeah. I haven't the slightest. He likes to sing along to the Super Why theme song, and at the end of the show when they sing "The Super Readers saved the day!" he yells "Ah duh duh duh AH DAH!" It's cute. Other words he can say when he so chooses:   bubble, ball, all done, sit down, no, Super Why (although he says "dupa eye") and Pig. Of course he says Mama and Dada consistently and with the correct distinction.

Speaking of Pig, Eddington Pig to be exact...

Pig is the perfect combination of fluffiness and squishableness. 


He really LOVES Pig. Back at Thanksgiving we were leaving my sister-in-law's and I realized that we didn't have Pig. Tyler and I were looking around and Rayler was calling "Pig? Pig?" He makes my heart smile. Big. Toothy. Grins.

We have fun play dates on Wednesday's with his little friends from church. He's the lone ranger in the crowd of girls but he still has fun. We have to bump his nap time back a few hours for the play date so he gets pretty exhausted with all that not sleeping and all that playing.

Unfortunately his 5 minute car nap meant that he wouldn't nap when he got home. Not fun.
We have been having some trouble with him soaking through his diapers at night. Until last week he maybe did it once a month. I even put him in a diaper size one up at night from his day time size. But this week? Wow. Sometimes I have to strip down his bed and change his pj's twice a night! I told him he'd better stop that because it doesn't bode well for potty training! I broke out the waterproof pads today, maybe now if he leaks I'll only have to switch out the jammies. But, I can see why he pees so much at night. He takes after me and gets super thirsty at night. I drink 2-4 glasses of water during the night, and he goes through at least one sippy cup full. I started putting his sippy in his crib a couple of weeks ago so that I didn't have to keep getting up to give him drinks. That made nighttime marvelous! But of course, he wore out that sippy and his new one, that is EXACTLY the same as the old one, leaks. So I can't leave it in the crib. Can't have Rayler and the cup soaking the sheets. Up and down I go again, it's not like I'm not up and down getting myself a drink anyway...

Sunday morning, just before we walked out the door to go to church, I picked up Rayler to put his shoes on him and noticed that he had blood on his face. I gave him a quick once over and saw blood on his arms and hands too. Somehow, he had sliced open the pad of his right index finger and it would not stop bleeding! We got it cleaned up and a band aid on, and it promptly slid off that tiny digit. So we slid it back on and taped it on with medical tape. That had no stick. Some help. He managed to keep it on until church and then I took it off and was surprised that it was still oozing blood. That sucker wouldn't stop! I bandaged it up with a better sticking band aid and we left that on for a couple of hours and that seemed to do the trick. He was so funny with his poor little finger all bandaged up. It was as if he thought his hand was broken and he couldn't do anything. Funny boy.

His poor little finger. And look! There's the aforementioned watering can that I thought I didn't have a picture of. I was wrong. It happens.

More random pictures.

Taking advantage of blue skies and not having a runny nose. This is a new game called "Fetch, Mama!"

He remembered that Tyler had raked all the leaves into a pile in the back of the house and he wanted to play in them. 
This was before I realized that the new sippy leaks. He REALLY needed a drink and I wasn't fast enough on the draw.

I finally packed away all his shoes that he has outgrown. I did not cry. I did not cry. I will not...but these will look soooooo cute on baby E someday!
One year ago this week...

I do NOT like green beans Mommy! (He never has. No matter what form I serve them in. He HATES them.)




It always amazes me how a baby can take a normal adult and turn him into a babbling idiot. ~ Col. S. Potter ~ M*A*S*H



No comments:

Post a Comment